Interesting to me. Perhaps to you.

9.19.2008

Go Android. Or go Nokia. Or home.

I hate the iPhone.  It gets poor 3G reception, or none.  You can't type on it without misspelling words that are far easier to misspell than misspell--like cat.  It's on AT&T.  Yes, it has a great UI.  It is an amazing example of how incredibly strong Apple is as a brand.  When Greg Packer shows up at your opening, you know you've made it.  But neither of those things make the phone worthwhile as a smartphone. 

That's why I'm excited about Google's Android phone.  I think others are frustrated by the iPhone.  People are no longer believing the hype.  Greg Packer hasn't even activated his service.  So, this prediction is likely not far off.  If anything I think they'll exceed it.

Mobile Content

Oh, and Nokia has some new eSeries phones coming out, which actually do what you'd expect a Smartphone to do. 

Suck it Apple.

Engadget

No comments: